[yocto] changing kernel config on a project built by Hob

Jitendra Shekhawat js333031 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 11:37:19 PST 2011

Newbie here. I think I've looked at the relevant documents and couldn't
find how to do this.

What is the procedure for doing a kernel 'make menuconfig' on hob assisted
projects?

I created a simple project using following steps:
1. source poky-edison-6.0/oe-init-build-env
2. hob
3. configuration under hob:
 - Machine: atom-pc
 - Base image: core-image-minimal
 - Added openssh
4. save the image as test.bb
5. Baked the image in hob
6. Booted the result in Virtualbox after creating a bootable disk image,
etc.

I need to now modify the kernel by adding CP210x USB/Serial converter
driver.

What is the procedure for doing a 'make menuconfig' on this hob assisted
project?

Thanks.