[yocto] README.hardware

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Wed Nov 9 06:41:26 PST 2011

On Wednesday 09 November 2011 09:34:40 James Abernathy wrote:
> In the atom-pc platform section, the Hard Disk option mentions a bitbake
> target of 'core-image-minimal-directdisk'.  This target is not listed as an
> option for bitbake after 'source oe-init-build-env' and if you try to use
> it, the bake will fail at some point due to invalid target.
>
> Am I missing something or is this a documentation problem.

This is a documentation problem - for 1.1 there are no -directdisk or -live
images; instead this is done by adding "live" to IMAGE_FSTYPES which is done
automatically if MACHINE is set to atom-pc, so all you need to do is build the
image you want (e.g. core-image-minimal) and you will also get a corresponding
live image.

I noticed that we missed updating this document the other day and am putting
together a patch for README.hardware to fix it.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton