[yocto] Change splash screen

Chris Tapp opensource at keylevel.com
Fri Nov 4 15:01:02 PDT 2011

On 4 Nov 2011, at 21:44, Marc Ferland wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What's the proper way to change the splash screen in Yocto? I have
> re-generated the psplash-poky-img.h file but I don't know where to
> put this file in my local layer. I guess this question also applies
> to all recipes containing references to local files in the SRC_URI.
>
> I could replace the current file with the one I just generated but
> that doesn't seem right...!

I did it by creating a .bbappend file in an overlay (which holds all
my changes):

--------

overlay-directory/recipes/psplash/psplash_svn.bbappend:

FILESEXTRAPATHS := "${THISDIR}/files"

---------

overlay-directory/recipes/psplash/files/psplash-poky-img.h --- your
new image file

Chris Tapp

opensource at keylevel.com
www.keylevel.com