[yocto] is there some rationale for the various yocto "download" URLs?

Michael Halstead michaelx.d.halstead at intel.com
Thu Nov 3 10:39:23 PDT 2011

> currently the download URLs are a bit confusing.  first, there's
>
>      http://www.yoctoproject.org/download

This is the project download page. It is meant to provide information
about downloads but not a complete listing.
> which takes you to the "download" page.  then there's the ever so
> similar URL:
>
>      http://www.yoctoproject.org/downloads
This URL is the old URL for releases. It shouldn't be used in new work.
The redirect will move visitors to the current releases listing.
> which redirects you to:
>
>      http://downloads.yoctoproject.org/releases/
> finally, there's the subdomain:
>
>      http://downloads.yoctoproject.org/
>
> is there an official distinction between these URLs?
The downloads.yoctoproject.org is where we would like all Yocto hosted
downloads to live.
> rday

Michael Halstead