[yocto] Build error while following Appendix A. Yocto Project Development manual

Tom Zanussi tom.zanussi at intel.com
Wed Nov 2 08:34:33 PDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-11-02 at 08:07 -0700, Jim Abernathy wrote:
> > > Second, I looked at your cat of the same file containing the SRCREV
> > > commit strings and I don't see that they agree with the commits on the
> > > website even just this morning.  Can you explain that? Should I just use
> > > the ones in  your cat output or eventually the corrected Dev. Manual?
> > >

> > I got these commits from the kernel .bb and .bbappends captured in the
> > edison branch, as mentioened above.
>

> That's a lot clearer now.  So does this mean that If I'm working with
> edison branch, should I have to change the commits strings at all???

The commits in the doc should work - the SRCREV_machine is the last
commit on the edison branch for yocto/standard/common-pc/atom-pc and the
SRCREV_meta is also valid in edison, though in between the time the doc
was written and the time meta-intel was released for edison, the meta
SRCREV was bumped up to a later commit, which is the one I used in my
'cat'ed file.  Either one should be fine.  So no, you can directly use
the SRCREVS in the manual and don't have to change those at all.

> Because the commit strings from your cat'ing of the your file don't
> agree with what is in my clone of the edison branch for poky or
> meta-intel. Or am I missing something else (likely).

Those commit strings identify commits in the linux-yocto_3.0 repo
(http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/linux-yocto-3.0/).  The
specific commits used for edison are captured in the linux-yocto_3.0 .bb
and .bbappend files mentioned previously.

Tom