[yocto] Build error while following Appendix A. Yocto Project Development manual

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Tue Nov 1 14:37:28 PDT 2011

On Tue, 1 Nov 2011, Tom Zanussi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 2011-11-01 at 11:37 -0700, James Abernathy wrote:
> > I tried to duplicate the Yocto Project Decelopment Manual Appendix A
> > build of a Crownbay NOEMGD image,  no changes just dulicate the
> > instructions.  This is using the latest Yocto 1.1.  I did get a long
> > way down the line, but had a fatal error in the last 2 steps.
> >
> > The only change I had to make was related to A.5.2.4.  The commit
> > string for the SRCREV_meta_pn was different on the
> > git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgi for the Meta commit so I used what I
> > found online.  The first section of 126 task completed without error.
> > The next section of 4394 tasks failed on 4393.  Not sure if the error
> > is obvious, but I wanted to run it by someone. Console error log
> > below:
> >

> Hmm, not sure what's going on here - I'm sure this example was
> verified several times, but just to make sure, what you're doing is
> going through 'Appendix A. BSP Development Example' verbatim and
> getting this?

  ironically, i'm working on this very example and something in the
dev manual doesn't look right.  section A.5.2.1:

These commands take care of the recipes-bsp recipes:

  $ rm -rf meta-mymachine/recipes-graphics/xorg-xserver/*emgd*
  ... snip ...

why is that command referring to the recipes-graphics directory when
this section is supposed to be adjusting recipes-bsp?

or have i screwed something up?

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca