[yocto] Results from Yocto 1.0.1 Go/No-Go meeting: No-Go

Saul Wold saul.wold at intel.com
Thu May 19 10:41:23 PDT 2011

On 05/19/2011 10:24 AM, Fleischer, Julie N wrote:
> Attendees:  Paul, Tom, Julie, Saul, Darren, Mark, Richard, Dennis, Jessica, Dave, Joshua
>
> The Yocto Technical Team held a Go/No-Go for the current 1.0.1 release.  The decision was "no-go" due to needing to add and test the fix to bug 1029 and needing to investigate and address/test bug 1087.  Both bugs were found during the 1.0.1 test pass.  Details below.
>
> 1)	Review Yocto 1.0.1 Release Criteria
> Team reviewed criteria at:  https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v1.0.1_Release_Criteria.
>
> Details:
> Bug 909 - Team is comfortable with this issue possibly not being fixed for 1.0.1 (It may be fixed, but we did not run compliance tests to know.)
> Bug 1029 - Darren provided a fix yesterday.  Saul put into a consolidated pull request yesterday afternoon.  Not yet in master.  Once it hits master, Saul will move it into Bernard.  He will create a build for just a Bernard Beagleboard image for QA to test.  QA will run through the full Beagleboard test plan.  No other tests needed for this issue.
> Action Item:  Julie:  Check that uboot is part of the test plan.
>
> 1087 - Saul will investigate.  The fix ranges from documentation to full build.  Tom will help Saul do runtime tests on his Crown Bay.

Investigation is complete.

This issue is related to how libzypp constructs a header file in bitbake
using PACKAGE_EXTRA_ARCHS. In 1.0.1 the PACKAGE_EXTRA_ARCHS was
cumulative list defined in both crownbay*.conf and tune-atom.inc.  In
1.1 this was changed to just be set once in the tune-atom.inc.

Because it was a cumulative list, it included x86 twice in 1.0.1 and
only once and correctly 1.1.

So the fix is in the crownbay BSP, and does not affect the core 1.0.1
base as we currently have it.  This means no respin or re-test is
required of the existing bit.

** Is this sufficient information to change to a "GO", pending the
beagleboard testing at this point? **

Sau!