[yocto] about how to port YOCTO

Pedro Sanchez psanchez at fosstel.com
Mon May 16 07:19:21 PDT 2011

On 05/16/2011 03:10 AM, Yu Ke wrote:
> on 2011-5-16 11:31, wangyang wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>> Because YOCTO supports x86, arm and so on MCU. I just want to know
>> about how to
>> port YOCTO to other MCU. Is it difficult, what's kind of knowledge
>> needed?
>> Thanks
>>

> Add another machine is not that difficult, as Yocto is designed to be
> highly customizable for different H/W. What you need is a BSP layer for
> your H/W, it is basically the H/W specific configuration, e.g. the
> kernel config, graphics config.
>
> the BSP Guide
> (http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/bsp-guide/bsp-guide.html) has good
> info on how to write BSP. Also you can find some example from existing
> BSP, like meta-intel BSP
> (http://git.pokylinux.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-intel/)
>
> Regards
> Ke

When I clone the yocto git repo (git://git.pokylinux.org/poky.git) I
don't get any of these meta-xxx directories that the BSP guide talks
about. They seem to be kept in a separate git repository.

My question is then, once I create my meta-xxx directory structure, how
is it hooked up to the overall poky build infrastructure? I've failed to
find an answer in the BSP guide so far.

Thanks,

--
Pedro