[yocto] Remote Debugging with Yocto Project Plugin

Ke, Liping liping.ke at intel.com
Thu Mar 31 17:45:39 PDT 2011

Hi, Travaglia

1.       Our our java code and eclipse code is in TCF upstream community already (both Agent C code and java code part). Yet the community code is slightly different with our poky-TCF. TCF upstream disable login process, yet our local poky-TCF have login authentication.

So if we use poky TCF, we must use poky TCF agent as well as Poky TCF java plugin.

2.       Make sure the login in Prompt (PS1) is what? For example, my ubuntu 10.04 is "$", Qemu is "#". Make sure the prompt in the TCF connection Properties is correct. For qemu, it should be the default one "#" .

For poky-agent, login.Required is "true" Pwd.Required is "false".

If TCF upstream, Login.Required = "false", Pwd.Required = "false"

We will try to modify this settings, trying to detect the prompt in later versions. And also, login service might be provided by TCF framework sooner or later in upstream.

Thanks a lot for your info!

criping