[yocto] run-time problem - poky-image-lsb-sdk-beagleboard

Robert Berger gmane at reliableembeddedsystems.com
Thu Mar 24 06:59:46 PDT 2011

Hi,

On 03/24/2011 02:53 PM, Gary Thomas wrote:

> What does /etc/network/interfaces show?  Is it different between the two
> images?
>
> n.b. I've not tried any of the LSB images, just poking in the dark.

To our both surprise they are identical (see below).
... and if you ask my uneducated guess I would say this should not work,
since usb0 is static ?!?!

... but, surprisingly enough it does on sato ...

... and if I make the following change in lsb-sdk it still does not :

iface usb0 inet dhcp

it also does not work if I hardcode the network conf for usb0 in
/etc/network/interfaces

--------------

# /etc/network/interfaces -- configuration file for ifup(8), ifdown(8)

# The loopback interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# Wireless interfaces
iface wlan0 inet dhcp
	wireless_mode managed
	wireless_essid any
	wpa-driver wext
	wpa-conf /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf

iface atml0 inet dhcp

# Wired or wireless interfaces
iface eth0 inet dhcp
iface eth1 inet dhcp

# Ethernet/RNDIS gadget (g_ether)
# ... or on host side, usbnet and random hwaddr
iface usb0 inet static
	address 192.168.7.2
	netmask 255.255.255.0
	network 192.168.7.0
	gateway 192.168.7.1

# Bluetooth networking
iface bnep0 inet dhcp

Regards,

Robert...Good judgment comes from experience... and experience comes
from bad judgment.- Fred Brooks

My public pgp key is available at:
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x90320BF1