[yocto] the mpc8315's compile option

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at windriver.com
Wed Jun 22 19:46:41 PDT 2011

On 11-06-22 9:55 PM, NiQingliang wrote:
> mpc8315's core is e300c3, why use "tune-ppc603e.inc"?

The 603e represented a lowest common denominator tune file
when the BSP was introduced, and it was available in poky at
the time.

We simply haven't revisited the tuning for the BSP yet, since
what we have works at the moment.

> I think there should be an file named "tune-ppce300c3.inc"? I can find
> it in openembedded.

I'd definitely like to see patches that provide better tuning for this
BSP. So patches are welcome. Although at the moment, I'm not aware
of any plans to revisit the tuning.

Perhaps you'd like to log this as an enhancement request in the
yocto bugzilla ? That way we can be sure that it isn't forgotten.

Cheers,

Bruce