[yocto] [PULL][linux-yocto] beagleboard: sync with meta-ti linux-omap_2.6.37

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at windriver.com
Mon Jun 20 12:46:24 PDT 2011

On 06/18/11 12:32, Koen Kooi wrote:

> Op 18 jun 2011, om 18:09 heeft Bruce Ashfield het volgende geschreven:
>
>> On 11-06-18 11:13 AM, Koen Kooi wrote:
>>>
>>> Op 18 jun 2011, om 17:10 heeft Koen Kooi het volgende geschreven:

>>> Speaking of .39, is there a 'linux-yocto' type of tree for .39 mainline with a skeleton for machine support? If there is, I'd like to fork it to see if it can improve my current workflow which consist of self written scripts that emulate guilt.
>>
>> I've got the linux-yocto-dev recipe in poky-extras, meta-kernel-dev
>> layer. That recipe tracked 2.6.39, and has now jumped to 3.0 (with
>> a minor cheat as I work through the 3.0 naming issues). The kernel
>> repo is hosted on git.yoctoproject.org as the linux-yocto-dev repo.
>>
>> The repo is fast forward for a given version, and then is re-generated
>> when I jump it from version to version. I carry forward all the existing
>> patches and keep the qemu machines working. Although at the moment,
>> qemuppc is losing interrupts and can't get past init :)
>>
>> That's also the repo where I'm testing out some changes to kern-tools
>> (but they are stable), which will show up shortly.
>
> Thanks, I'll have a look at that. Is there already some doc out on how to create such a structure from scratch?

At the moment, they are carried forward from kernel version
to kernel version and then interpreted by the tools. But I
do have some notes and other information that describe how to
take upstream tree <foo>, feed it a kernel-cache (what you see
in the meta branch) and create a new kernel tree ready to
build.

I've got to get a bit of 3.0-rcX behind me, but I'm writing this
up and will contribute it, if that's what you are thinking
of here.

Cheers,

Bruce