[yocto] [PULL][linux-yocto] beagleboard: sync with meta-ti linux-omap_2.6.37

Koen Kooi koen at dominion.thruhere.net
Sat Jun 18 08:13:12 PDT 2011

Op 18 jun 2011, om 17:10 heeft Koen Kooi het volgende geschreven:

> Op 18 jun 2011, om 17:08 heeft Darren Hart het volgende geschreven:
>

>> On 06/18/2011 01:11 AM, Koen Kooi wrote:
>>>
>>> Op 18 jun 2011, om 01:18 heeft Darren Hart het volgende geschreven:

>>> You seem to be including the patches that patch the  kernel from
>>> 37rc7 (or rc8, I forget) to .37 final, which shouldn't apply. So
>>> basically leave out the patches in the 'linus' directory.
>>
>> There were about 200 patches in total, I've removed all those that
>> reverse applied and failed do to a conflict that was obviously a merge
>> of a very similar patch. That accounted for most of the 37-rc[78] to 37
>> patches from the linus directory.
>>
>>> The camera
>>> interface also doesn't work, so the 'media' directory can be left out
>>> as well.
>>
>> The goal was to stay as close to the meta-ti/linux-omap_2.6.37 recipe as
>> possible with the linux-yocto kernel repository. Will you be removing
>> all of the media directory from there as well? I don't want to remove
>> them from here if you'll be *adding* to them there. However, if you'll
>> be sure to just be replacing them there, then I can drop them here.
>
> The .37 isn't used, developed or supported for beagleboard anymore, .39 is all the rage now :)

Speaking of .39, is there a 'linux-yocto' type of tree for .39 mainline with a skeleton for machine support? If there is, I'd like to fork it to see if it can improve my current workflow which consist of self written scripts that emulate guilt.