[yocto] crownbay-noemgd poky-image-minimal fails to build

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at windriver.com
Fri Jul 29 07:09:13 PDT 2011

On 07/29/11 10:03, Andre Haupt wrote:
> Hi Bruce,
>
> thanks for your comments. See below
>
> On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 09:12:22AM -0400, Bruce Ashfield wrote:
>> I'm trying to dust off my memory here. I know that this has
>> been seen, and I also know that this built fine in the bernard
>> release.
>>
>> The first part of the issue is the:
>>
>> Makefile:508: No libdw.h found or old libdw.h found, disables dwarf
>> support. Please install elfutils-devel/elfutils-dev
>>
>> We may have a missing host dependency in the checks. Have you
>> tried installing the relevant package for F13 ?
> I had elfutils-devel installed.
>
>> As for the second, there's a patch in the 2.6.34 kernel tree
>> that is dealing with it:
>>
>> http://git.pokylinux.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/linux-yocto-2.6.34/commit/?h=standard&id=72ca49ab08b8eb475cec82a10049503602325791
>>
>> It sounds like there may be a SRCREV problem for the board that
>> isn't picking up that change. Can you confirm that this commit
>> is in your board branch ?  You can check in your build directory
>> for linux.
> This commit is not in the crownbay-standard branch.

Argh. That explains it. You can always cherry pick / apply
it locally. This is intended to be a blanket fix, and
I just double checked and I for some reason *don't* see
it on that one branch either, which means it isn't a SRCREV
error hiding it.

I'm going to merge the patch out to the BSP branch now, but
you'd still need a SRCREV update to see the change in your
build.

Cheers,

Bruce