[yocto] Additional / new BSP collection?

Tom Zanussi tom.zanussi at intel.com
Wed Jul 27 06:50:20 PDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-07-27 at 05:40 -0700, Kumar Gala wrote:
> On Jul 27, 2011, at 3:45 AM, Richard Purdie wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 2011-07-27 at 00:21 -0500, Kumar Gala wrote:
> >> Who is the best person to ask about adding new BSPs into yocto.  What
> >> I mean by this is having a meta layer hosted on git.yoctoproject.org
> >> like meta-intel and the mechanics associated with this (getting new
> >> repo on git server, autobuilder support, webpage details, etc.).
> >
> > This list is as good a place as any! :)
> >
> > Its relatively easy to arrange for a git repository. The main things we
> > ask are that it has clearly defined maintainership (a clear maintainer
> > and submission process) and a clear scope. Do you have any specific BSPs
> > in mind?
>
> Maintainership would be straight forward.  Not sure about submissions process, what is done for meta-intel today?

Hi Kumar,

For meta-intel, it's pretty simple and is summarized by this blurb from
the meta-intel MAINTAINERS file:

"Please submit any patches against meta-intel BSPs to the Yocto mailing
list (yocto at yoctoproject.org)."

Basically, new patches get submitted to the mailing list, go through the
standard on-list comment and review process, and then get pulled into
master by whoever maintains the BSP when everything looks good.

Hope that helps,

Tom