[yocto] Color ghosting on BeagleBoard xM rev C

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Tue Jul 26 09:47:59 PDT 2011

On 2011-07-15 09:30, Jeff Mitchell wrote:
> Darren Hart suggested I send this to the list...
>
> Attached is a picture of my screen running Terminal. This is on a BeagleBoard xM rev C connected via its HDMI out to a DVI adapter and then into a Dell UltraSharp monitor. Angstrom
> doesn't display these problems, so the setup should be fine.
>
> I'm not quite sure what is causing this. The resolution is also fairly low, and I haven't had any success using boot parameters (either the older video=omapfb:mode variant or the
> newer DSS2 omapfb.mode variant).

Did you ever find out what is causing this?

When you say that it works on one system (Poky?) vs another (Angstrom?)
are they both running the same version of U-Boot?  I'm seeing this same
behaviour on one of my boards, but only when I run U-Boot from 2011.06

BTW - why did you send your original query to the Poky list?