[yocto] best cfg for building all of yocto?

Koen Kooi koen at dominion.thruhere.net
Thu Jul 21 14:23:47 PDT 2011

Op 21 jul. 2011, om 18:43 heeft Scott Garman het volgende geschreven:

> On 07/21/2011 09:32 AM, McClintock Matthew-B29882 wrote:
>> On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 8:29 AM, Scott Garman<scott.a.garman at intel.com>  wrote:
>>> bitbake world should build all of the available packages that aren't
>>> explicitly excluded due to machine incompatibilities. It doesn't generate a
>>> final image though, just all of the output packages.
>>
>> Is there an easy way to remove a specific package from being built
>> with running bitbake world? There are unmet dependencies:
>>
>> NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies
>> ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'libmad'
>> ERROR: Required build target 'libomxil' has no buildable providers.
>> Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['libomxil', 'libmad']
>
> This happens because conf/distro/include/default-distrovars.inc excludes some recipes which are known to use commercial licenses:
>
> COMMERCIAL_LICENSE ?= "lame gst-fluendo-mp3 libmad mpeg2dec ffmpeg qmmp"

COMMERCIAL_LICENSE is a mis-nomber for a lot of them, NEED_TO_GIVE_MONEY_TO_MPEGLA is closer to the truth. What I'm trying to say is that the recipes in question don't have a commercial license, but can be subject to royalties in some cases. It could be that  your silicon vendor already pays the royalty for you for each chip they sell, so it is helpfull to dig into this before tweaking COMMERCIAL_LICENSE.