[yocto] why does quick start guide refer to non-provided "poky-image-sato"?

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Thu Jul 14 16:15:21 PDT 2011

On Thu, 2011-07-14 at 19:10 -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Jul 2011, Joshua Lock wrote:
>
> > As I understand it documentation repository updates are reflected on
> > the website so the docs tend to reflect the released version.
> >
> > It would be nice to be able to provide development & release
> > documentation but I can't see it happening any time soon.
>
>   ok, that explains it but it doesn't defend it.  IMHO, any single
> versioned tarball or repository checkout should always be internally
> consistent, and that includes embedded documentation.  when i do a
> "git pull" of any software, i expect the contents of any docs/
> directory to reflect what's there.
>
>   if you want to publicly publish the docs that reflect the last
> official release, then build those docs from the appropriate git tag.

I agree that the docs in master should reflect the code in master and
that the docs on the bernard branch should be the ones which make the
bernard references.

Which or both can end up on the website as needed which is a separate
issue.

I thought this had been fixed and Scott had two branches so what's going
wrong? :/

Cheers,

Richard