[yocto] Supporting upcoming distribution releases

Joshua Lock josh at linux.intel.com
Tue Jul 12 19:31:35 PDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-07-13 at 10:19 +0800, NiQingliang wrote:
> /usr/bin/env python2
> /usr/bin/env python2.7

These are both valid on Fedora 15, iirc before distributions started
shipping Python 3 they were less common though...

> both of them are ok for archlinux, but I don't know which is ok for
> other distributions, maybe both are not.
>
> maybe we can make a shell script to detect the python version, and make
> a symbollink to the right one in some directory, and add the directory
> into env var "PATH".

Patches welcome :-)

I looked at it briefly and the work would require more time than I have
spare right now just to ensure it worked on all required distributions.

If you'd like to work on a patch I'd be happy to help test and review.

Cheers,
Joshua
--
Joshua Lock