[yocto] Menu configuration

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Tue Jul 12 01:43:58 PDT 2011

On Mon, 2011-07-11 at 10:00 -0700, Turner Randy wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> Is there a interactive menu-based configuration for yocto/poky builds
> similar to that provided in Buildroot? Or is someone working on this?

At present there is not any interactive menu based configuration but
there is work ongoing on a UI called hob which allows you to select
packages and construct images of those packages so its a graphical front
end to the system.

We're also in the process of starting to better markup configuration
variables in the metadata so that writing some kind of menu based
configuration system would be easier in the future.

We're certainly open to any help in those areas too!

Cheers,

Richard