[yocto] minimal yocto images not booting on Beagleboard-xM rev B

Darren Hart dvhart at linux.intel.com
Mon Jul 11 09:25:28 PDT 2011

On 07/06/2011 10:26 PM, G Rajender wrote:
> Hi Darren,
>
> Thank you very much for your reply.
> now i am confident that meta-beagleboard BSP images will work on Beagleboard-xM rev B.
> Can you please suggest the steps to follow on how to build from the git repository and execute on Beagleboard-xM rev B.
> Thank you much for your valuable time spending on this. Looking for your kind response.
>
> Thanks and regards,

The process is the same as it is for building from a release tarball,
the only difference is how you get the source. Rather than unpacking the
release tarball, just use git to clone the repository:

$ git clone git://git.yoctoproject.org/poky.git

Then cd into the new poky directory and follow the quick start guide.

--
Darren