[yocto] Details on Bug #963 kernel tarball corruption.

Flanagan, Elizabeth elizabeth.flanagan at intel.com
Thu Jul 7 15:31:28 PDT 2011

On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 2:51 PM, Tom Zanussi <tom.zanussi at intel.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-07-07 at 13:34 -0700, Flanagan, Elizabeth wrote:
>
> Shouldn't this always be the state of DL_DIR i.e. any change made to the
> contents of SRC_URI be exactly reflected in the same thing in DL_DIR?
> If that were the case, I think it would solve the problems below as well
> as the original problem in the bug report where downstream is apparently
> being served the resulting badness in DL_DIR...

It should and in a clean DL_DIR, do_fetch does, in fact, clone
correctly. But do_fetch with an already populated fetched repo in
DL_DIR causes it to get dirty by placing new branches in
remotes/origin. This is caused by fetch, however, looking at
do_kernel_checkout, it seems as if this was at one point, expected
behavior.

-b