[yocto] Eclipse Plugin Yocto Project Settings

Zhang, Jessica jessica.zhang at intel.com
Thu Jan 20 16:15:58 PST 2011

Hi Diego,

There's a qemu script bug in the 0.9 release that can't figure out the
kernel file that we're passing in, so you have to explicitly add the
targeted arch after qemu script, to fix this in eclipse, go to Run->Externel
Tools Configuration, and select under program the configuration
corresponding to your target arch, e.g. qemu_i586_poky_linux, on the
arguement entry, add "qemuarch" between poky-qemu and your kernel file, e.g.
for my qemu setup for i586 the created one is "..poky-qemu
/home/jzhang/test_import/build/tmp/deploy/images/bzImage-qemux86.bin ..."
and change it to" ..poky-qemu qemux86
/home/jzhang/test_import/build/tmp/deploy/images/bzImage-qemux86.bin ..."
you should be able to figure out the qemuarch from the kernel file name...

Also, as I've mentioned when you build a qemu image, besides the kernel
file, it also build ext3 file corresponding to rootfs and a tar file, for my
case it's under
/home/jzhang/build/tmp/deploy/images/poky-image-sdk-qemuarm.ext3 and
poky-image-sdk-qemuarm.tar.bz2, you need to extract the
poky-image-sdk-qemuarm.tar.bz2 to a directory using the poky-extract-sdk.
For my case, I extract it to /home/jzhang/qemu-arm, and the
/home/jzhang/qemu-arm is the directory that you passed to the "Root
Filesystem", not the built directory contains the rootfs...

To access the poky-extract-sdk, you need to do "bitbake meta-ide-support"
under your poky tree which will generate an
environment-setup-targetarch-poky-linux file, by sourcing that file, it'll
setup the correct environment for you to access poky-extract-sdk...

Thanks,
Jessica

  _____