[yocto] Current Build Failures for d82f205cfa790b40e132e11b7937050bc3b97ff3

Tom Zanussi tom.zanussi at intel.com
Thu Jan 13 08:47:23 PST 2011

On Thu, 2011-01-13 at 08:37 -0800, Bruce Ashfield wrote:
> On 11-01-13 11:33 AM, Elizabeth Flanagan wrote:
> > All,
> >
> > The current nightly based on d82f205cfa790b40e132e11b7937050bc3b97ff3 is
> > showing 3 build failures so far.
> >
> > Machine: qemux86
> > Failure: intermittent tasks_0.18 failure at do_compile
> > failing on the other.
> >

> > Machine: arm
> > Failure: sanity tests time out and cause cascading failures.
> > timing out shouldn't cause a cascading failure, however the arm sanity
> > tests are still timing out.
> >
> > Machine: qemux86-64
> > Failure: linux-yocto_git failing at do_compile_perf
> > |     CC util/scripting-engines/trace-event-perl.o
> > | cc1: warnings being treated as errors
> > | cc1: error: include location "/usr/local/include" is unsafe for
> > cross-compilation
>
> I saw this one as well, but hadn't gone back to look at
> it yet. Did something change underneath us?
>
> I haven't updated any parts of the recipes or kernel that
> would have triggered the new failure. Or at least nothing
> that has ever showed up in my testing.

Yeah, it's strange that this starts happening seemingly out of the blue
- nothing wrt this has changed recently AFAICS.

> Darren/Tom: you guys have been into perf/trace recently,
> any ideas (or time) for a quick fix ? I'm going to be
> pegged for the day trying to sort out some other items.

Coincidentally, I was going to look at perf scripting next week - guess
I'll start this week instead.  Don't have a quick fix off the top of my
head - will start looking into it later today/tonight...

Tom