[yocto] LTP status for Yocto 1.0/M2

Tian, Kevin kevin.tian at intel.com
Wed Jan 12 16:22:27 PST 2011

Hi, Dave,

Yes, LSB contains cron. I talked to Jiajun about choice of the profile. SDK profile simplifies QA's test effort since it runs on both Qemu and real hardware, while LSB profile is not suitable for most real hardware. Also LSB profile lacks of some toolchain and development packages which is not good for openposix test. That's why SDK profile is used now though LSB contains more complete packages.

There're several cron related failures. One of them also exists on native, with the rest specific to Yocto. On LSB profile I expect cron should work, however it looks like some files are missing. I'm still looking into them.

You can see from the table that I firstly focus on two categories:

a)    Failures also existing on native (so-called 'LTP')

b)    Failures disappearing with LSB profile (so-called 'NAB': Not-A-Bug)
For the rest failures which fail both on SDK and LSB profile, I'll fill bugzilla after some preliminary analysis to make sure it's a real problem instead of the environmental issue. Now I haven't fill any bug for them yet.

Thanks
Kevin