[yocto] Biweekly Status Report WW52~53'2010 --OSEL SDK Liping Ke

Ke, Liping liping.ke at intel.com
Mon Jan 3 05:35:56 PST 2011

[Summary]
1.	OSEL SDK related jobs
2.	Others

[Details]
SDK related jobs:
1. Modified sdk installer scripts according to Josh's feedback, including
   a. Folder reorganization per Josh's suggestion, make the structure more user friendly
   b. Move sudo to a smaller granularity, so that user could input $HOME as parameters which will be parsed correctly outside sudo.
   c. restructure shell scripts, and move some scripts to another file for readability.
   d. Provide silent install and interactive install, so that user have more choices
2. Fixed several bugs/defects for shell scripts and bb files
   a. Made downloading files optional if the files exists.
   b. stored pseudo database in target rootfs, and export the path, so pseudo extract nfs does not need sudo at all.
   c. Linked ld.so.cache file into the host filesystem
   d. Moved tar actions to do_deploy from do_install, etc.
3. Add editor box UI in eclipse plugin for qemu extra parameters.
4. Do integral testing, bitbake installer tarball, untar the installer, install the sdk,
   And then launch eclipse plugin, and launch qemu. Fixed several bugs such as sdk version
   Problems (we now add version support), opkg source file chksum issues, etc.
Now I have sent out all installer related materials for review.

5. Spent some time investigating why unfs qemu fails to boot, it was caused by latest kernel. 0.9 kernel + current unfs works fine.
6. Spent one day in looking bitbake code (ast, bbhandler, confhandler) for technical sharing session.

Next step is that we need to find a repository, containing all archs build result, so
That we can have a whole testing. I guess we need local build machine to do this.

Others:
   1. Take 2 days' annual leave
   2. Take weekly project meeting and technical sharing meeting.

Thanks & Regards,
criping