[yocto] Yocto alpha testing Feedback

Prigent, Christophe christophe.prigent at intel.com
Tue Feb 22 07:25:09 PST 2011

a.      Which architecture you chose in step 3.

I used poky-image-sato.

b.      How easily you were able to build an image and boot an image.

I did it quite easily.

- I installed the environment on an Ubuntu Desktop. I just copy/paste the command given by the Yocto Quick Start in a Terminal:
     $ sudo apt-get install sed wget cvs subversion git-core coreutils \
     unzip texi2html texinfo libsdl1.2-dev docbook-utils gawk \
     python-pysqlite2 diffstat help2man make gcc build-essential \
     g++ desktop-file-utils chrpath libgl1-mesa-dev libglu1-mesa-dev \
     mercurial autoconf automake

- I used the following command for the download steps:

git checkout bernard-5.0-alpha

- For information:

I updated /meta/classes/mirrors.bbclasses with MIRRORS += "\

As my microprocessor is an Intel Core I7, I updated in conf/local.conf:

BB_NUMBERS_THREADS and PARALLEL_MAKE with 8

- I built without problem

- After less than 2 hours, I run the image:

[cid:image002.jpg at 01CBD2AD.126E3A20]

a.      Whether it was easy to find the support you needed to perform the above steps.

Yocto Quick Start gives enough information to build an image and run it. I registered to IRC Yocto but I didn't used it.

b.      Which bugzilla reports you submitted (providing the bugzilla number and description is sufficient).
No report submitted
92196 Meudon Cedex, France
Registration Number:  302 456 199 R.C.S. NANTERRE
Capital: 4,572,000 Euros