[yocto] meta-linaro woes continue

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Thu Feb 3 15:19:21 PST 2011

n.b. this is a continuation of "Kernel Panics on armv4t with gcc.4.5.1"
but the actual discussion has changed enough and there was too much
noise in the previous thread.

Trying to use the meta-linaro layer (to solve my problems
with GCC/4.5.1 on armv5te ), I was able to include and use
the layer with the attached changes.  I added this layer
intact, moving meta-linaro into my poky tree at the same
level as meta, meta-extras, etc.

I also had to copy meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.1 into
meta-linaro/recipes-devtools/gcc (I didn't know how to expand
the FILESPATH variable to suck from the main meta tree)

The next problem is this:

| configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --enable-languages, --enable-threads, --enable-target-optspace, --enable-lto, --enable-libssp, --disable-bootstrap, --disable-libgomp,
--disable-libmudflap, --with-float, --with-local-prefix, --with-sysroot, --with-build-sysroot, --disable-libunwind-exceptions, --enable-__cxa_atexit
| Checking autotools environment for common misconfiguration
| NOTE: Checking autotools environment for common misconfiguration
| This autoconf log indicates errors, it looked at host includes.
| Rerun configure task after fixing this. The path was
'/home/local/efacec_omap_linaro/tmp/work/armv5te-poky-linux-gnueabi/gcc-runtime-4.5.1.linaro-r0/gcc-4.5.1.linaro/build.arm-poky-linux-gnueabi.arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/libstdc++-v3'
| ERROR: This autoconf log indicates errors, it looked at host includes.
| Rerun configure task after fixing this. The path was
'/home/local/efacec_omap_linaro/tmp/work/armv5te-poky-linux-gnueabi/gcc-runtime-4.5.1.linaro-r0/gcc-4.5.1.linaro/build.arm-poky-linux-gnueabi.arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/libstdc++-v3'
| Function 'do_qa_configure' failed
| ERROR: Function 'do_qa_configure' failed
NOTE: package gcc-runtime-4.5.1.linaro-r0: task do_qa_configure: Failed

Ideas?  I'm really anxious to see if this fixes my kernel problems.

Thanks