[yocto] How to require image recipe from another layer?

Chris Larson clarson at kergoth.com
Thu Dec 29 10:27:48 PST 2011

On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 11:14 AM, autif khan <autif.mlist at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can you please help me with setting up my recipes so that all the
> hello world apps are included when I use the following recipe.
>
> require recipes-sato/images/core-image-sato.bb
> IMAGE_FEATURES += "helloworld"
>
> I am guessing that I would have to tell the hw1 recipe that it is a
> helloworld feature. How do I go about doing this?

commit f9f4416a8cfbd37c7d3a8eb19ee82820e2e6b38cAuthor: Chris Larson
<chris_larson at mentor.com>Date:   Mon Aug 8 16:09:37 2011 -0700
    image: implement IMAGE_FEATURES
    IMAGE_FEATURES is analagous to DISTRO_FEATURES and
MACHINE_FEATURES, for    root filesystem construction. Currently, the
only supported features are    any defined package groups, as used by
the oe.packagegroup python    module.
    Example usage:
        PACKAGE_GROUP_myfeature = "vim iptables"        IMAGE_FEATURES
+= "myfeature"
    Signed-off-by: Chris Larson <chris_larson at mentor.com>--
Christopher Larson