[yocto] How to require image recipe from another layer?

autif khan autif.mlist at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 12:06:39 PST 2011

Hi,

I have the following problem and I am not sure how to resolve it.

I have created my own layer (say) meta-autif

In the layer - I have my recipes (say) helloworld, many more may be

Now I want to add these packages to the core-image-sato recipe for the
image. This recipe resides in meta layer (under recipes-sato/images)

I have the following recipe (say) core-image-autif.bb

require core-image-sato.bb
IMAGE_FEATURES += "helloworld"

When I execute "bitbake core-image-autif", I get the following error

ERROR: Could not include required file core-image-sato.bb

However, when I copy core-image-sato.bb from meta/recipes-sato/images
to the same directory as core-image-autif.bb, I get the image (with my
helloworld and other apps)

My question is - if there is a way to include/require a recipe form a
different directory? If yes, what is it? If not, is there a
recommended solution - that scales (if the core-image-sato.bb changes,
that should be reflected in core-image-autif).

Thanks

Autif