[yocto] meta-ti?????

Philip Balister philip at balister.org
Fri Dec 23 05:26:38 PST 2011

On 12/23/2011 08:10 AM, James Abernathy wrote:

> On Dec 23, 2011, at 3:50 AM, Koen Kooi wrote:

>>> Just out of interest, why does meta-texasinstruments depend on meta-angstrom?
>>
>> It needs extra things in overrides and reuses tasks from there.
>
> Sorry for the follow-up, but if I clone the meta-texasinstruments bsp repository and checkout the pandaboard-rework branch,
> how does that relate to the Yocto branch/bsp yocto/standard/pandaboard on the Yocto site?
>
> Being a Yocto newbie, it's hard enough to understand all the branches on the yocto site. Relating the meta-angstrom is confusing.
>
> The light bulb has now gone on yet :-)

I would guess the panda support in the Yocto BSP branch are there to
show Yocto (a word with many different meanings to different people) can
build stuff for non-Intel hardware. However if I were building for a
Panda, I would use the meta-texas-instruments stuff because I would
expect it to support all the bits of hardware (3D etc) available on the
Pandaboard.

The Panda and Beagleboards are readily available so they make good
demonstration cases for BSP's, but enabling all the features on these
SoC's is a lot more work.

Philip