[yocto] Minutes: Yocto Project 1.2 M1 release readiness meeting

Liu, Song song.liu at intel.com
Thu Dec 22 10:21:01 PST 2011

Happy Holidays! We voted to release M1 release.

Attendees:
Beth, Nitin, Saul, Joshua, Richard, Tom, Paul, Abraham, Jessica, Robert Miller, Sean,

Abraham:  Intel, high performance computing, has background in embedded system, used to work on Poky, Android, worked for TI in the past.

Release criteria review:

Functional Completion:  Green
All P1 features except 1546 are in M1. 1546 is about fixing some licensing issues, it missed M1, but in master now. The team feels ok to release M1 without 1546. Most of P2/P3 features also made into M1. For P2/P3's that are not in M1, most of them are close to completion, none of them poses risks to our schedule and 1.2 release if we move them to the following milestones.

Build and Release (Yocto/BSP):  Green
RC2 build has been generated and passed full pass testing. All BSPs are tested good but the FRI II BSP. FRI II is a new platform, not available to the public.

Open Bugs: Green
All high bugs are fixed. Some of them are fixed in master, not in M1, but it's not worth to run RC3 and we are going to document all know issues and point people to Bugzilla for latest status. There are new bugs, but no show stoppers. As we have been working on feature development, we are also fixing a lot of bugs. The WWD (https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Bug_Trend ) is trending down a little bit. We are basically broken even as we opened a lot of bugs and also fixed lots of them. Overall, the bugs are very much in control in the middle of the 1.2 release.

Functional Test: Green
QA Full pass test has been executed, all bugs are logged.

Distros Tested: Green
Fedora 15, Opensuse 11.4 and Ubuntu 11.04. These are not the latest version now. Latest version were released in Nov. or even in Dec. after M1 started. We will test the latest distros for M2 release.

BSP testing: Green
All are tested and bugs are logged.

Documentation: Green
Doc for windows users to deploy Yocto Image has been completed.

Build Performance: Green
QA has added performance test for milestone testing. Build performance has been improved in M1. (one qemux86 sato build on a Core i7 machine takes 104 minutes, which has 18% improvement compared with 1.1 M4 RC4 build(127 minutes))

Package Update: Green
Target was set to update 50% of the packages. We exceeded our target by updating  about 90% of the packages.

Upstream Commits: Green
Target is to update 100% of the status. We are a little bit less than that, will do better for the next milestone. Should not block M1 release.

Marketing Deliverables: None.

Voting: Release M1, no objections

Next Step:
Beth already put together the release package. She will get the release note together with feature set and known issues, then announce the release in the public mailing list.