[yocto] Poky-Build error

Mark Hatle mark.hatle at windriver.com
Tue Dec 20 08:48:11 PST 2011

On 12/20/11 2:33 AM, Navani Kamal Srivastava wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are facing the problem when we are compiling poky-bernard5.0 –( bitbake –v –b
> poky-image-eb.bb )
>

> Log data follows:
>

> /home/prashanth/yocto/poky-bernard-5.0/build/tmp/work/mx35pdk-poky-linux-gnueabi/poky-image-eb-1.0-r0/temp/run.do_rootfs.9800:
> line 91: makedevs: command not found
>
> | ERROR: Function 'do_rootfs' failed (see
> /home/prashanth/yocto/poky-bernard-5.0/build/tmp/work/mx35pdk-poky-linux-gnueabi/poky-image-eb-1.0-r0/temp/log.do_rootfs.9800
> for further information)

Your "poky-image-eb.bb" is attempting to run the makedevs command, but
apparently it hasn't been built.  Check your logs for a makedevs-native.  If
that hasn't been built, then it appears something is wrong with your
configuration.  makedevs-native should be a dependency inherited by the
image.bbclass.

Note on mailing list etiquette, please stop putting the trailing lines in your
email.  This is a public mailing list, it is not for your companies "Internal
Use", not is it reasonable to consider email send to a public list confidential
in any way.