[yocto] libva-glx missing when building crownbay

Jeffrey Moore jeff at kokofitclub.com
Thu Dec 15 12:29:45 PST 2011

I get an error at the end of my build (build -k core-image-sato) as follows:

error: Failed dependencies:
 	libva-glx is needed by libva-1.0.12-r0.0.core2
NOTE: package core-image-sato-1.0-r0: task do_rootfs: Failed

It is the only error.

I am building crownbay with a snapshot of Poky that I cloned from master as of yesterday (DISTRO_VERSION    = "1.1+snapshot-20111215").  I also cloned meta-intel at the same time.  I then added into meta-intel/common/recipes-graphics/xorg-xserver/emg-driver-bin-1.8, all of the emgd (Meego 1.2) driver files and video plug in files as instructed in the latest README in meta-crownbay.  I added the two layers into bblayers.conf of meta-intel and meta-intel/crownbay.  I also added machine ?= "crownbay" into local.conf.  Finally, I deleted the file - emgd_drv_video.so (this was instructed in an older README).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Jeff