[yocto] Sanity tested distributions list

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Mon Dec 12 09:16:37 PST 2011

On Tuesday 06 December 2011 15:59:39 McClintock Matthew-B29882 wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 9:43 AM, Paul Eggleton
> <paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com> wrote:
> > We had some discussions [1] [2] about this last cycle but I don't feel
> > we
> > reached a proper conclusion on the list of tested distributions we want
> > to set (SANITY_TESTED_DISTROS) and I assume we want to support a few
> > more distros (latest versions of Fedora & Ubuntu, presumably?). I'd
> > like to update and re- post the patch [3] so we can close bug #1096 [4]
> > but for that we need to agree on the list.
>
> I'm fairly comprehensively testing something close to the edison 1.1.1
> release on CentOS 5.5 and Ubuntu 10.04 LTS. We plan on adding more but
> maybe not in time for our next release.

I can definitely see a compelling reason to mark CentOS 5.x as supported, but
the problem with it is it doesn't come with Python 2.6, so BitBake won't work
out of the box (actually right now it fails before it has a chance to show a
reasonable error message, which is even worse). We really need a concise set
of instructions on how to install the external python tarball, at the moment I
don't think we have these.

Did you need to perform any other special steps on either of these
distributions?

Cheers,
Paul

--