[yocto] HOB usage

Joshua Lock josh at linux.intel.com
Thu Dec 8 20:58:38 PST 2011

On 08/12/11 20:52, Sathishkumar Duraisamy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I migrating from Openembedded to yocto project and using Beagleboard
> as playground.
>
> On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 3:27 AM, Joshua Lock <josh at linux.intel.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 05/12/11 10:35, madeeha javed wrote:
>>> I an using Yocto Edison. My machine configuration is beagleboard. And
>>> when I launch hob and Bake. I get a message that Output Image Type is
>>> not set.When I Edit-> Preferences, I see that jffs2 and tar.bz2 are
>>> set. And even if I select a different type, the message keeps is
>>> there.
>>
> I too faced similar problem for hob.
>
>> Madeeha,
>>
>> I'm not able to replicate this issue. Have you modified any of the
>> configuration files by hand? The three key files in build/conf are
>> hob-post.conf, hob-pre.conf, local.conf
>
> Please find these files in the attachment.

Did you forget the attachment? Or did the mailing list strip it?

>> It's possible you've hard-assigned the variable in there.
>>
>> If you can provide more information I can try and replicate. A copy of
>> the above configuration files would be useful.
>
> In openembedded, I see the some lines like this
>
> # Add the required image file system types below. Valid are
> # jffs2, tar(.gz|bz2), cpio(.gz), cramfs, ext2(.gz), ext3(.gz), ext4(.gz|.bz2),
> # squashfs, squashfs-lzma
> IMAGE_FSTYPES = "jffs2 tar"
>
> which is moved to hob-post.conf, which may causing the problems I hope.

Anywhere you set with = is a 'hard' assignment which we cannot override.

Several of hobs settings are in hob-post.conf, if they have already been
hard assigned in a configuration file which is parsed earlier we cannot
override it.

If you set the IMAGE_FSTYPES with ?= setting them from the GUI should world.

Please be aware we're working to resolve such issues for hob in Yocto 1.2.

Regards,
Joshua
--
Joshua Lock