[yocto] updating the mediatomb example from meta-demo

David Smoot davidsmoot at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 19:51:04 PST 2011

On Dec 2, 2011, at 10:10 PM, David Smoot wrote:

I have a project where I want mediatomb running on my routerstationpro and / or beagleboard.

I am attempting to update the "meta-demo" layer from git that was working with yocto 1.0 but has not been updated much since.

I am very new at this and so far google has showed me how to fix the first two broken recipes but now I am stuck.  I'm fine with a RTFM answer if you will just point me to the right manual.

I got all the way to the next to the last task and it cratered on building the rootfs.  Snippet of error message with context:

NOTE: package demo-image-mediatomb-1.0-r2: task do_rootfs: Started
ERROR: Function 'do_rootfs' failed (see /opt/yocto/yocto_beagleboard/tmp/work/beagleboard-poky-linux-gnueabi/demo-image-mediatomb-1.0-r2/temp/log.do_rootfs.17440 for further information)

<skip a bunch of text of stuff working right>

| head: cannot open `/opt/yocto/yocto_beagleboard/tmp/work/beagleboard-poky-linux-gnueabi/demo-image-mediatomb-1.0-r2/rootfs/etc/rpm-postinsts/*' for reading: No such file or directory
| Delayed package scriptlet:
| install: cannot stat `/opt/yocto/yocto_beagleboard/tmp/work/beagleboard-poky-linux-gnueabi/demo-image-mediaERROR: Function 'do_rootfs' failed (see /opt/yocto/yocto_beagleboard/tmp/work/beagleboard-poky-linux-gnueabi/demo-image-mediatomb-1.0-r2/temp/log.do_rootfs.17440 for further information)
| tomb-1.0-r2/interfaces': No such file or directory

Any help appreciated.
David Smoot
davidsmoot at gmail.com

Made some progress.  Maybe a yocto expert can point me in the right direction.

The recipe "demo-image-mediatomb.bb" generates the error message above.  But if I comment out the ROOTFS_POSTPROCESS_COMMAND += "setup_target_image ; " line, it will finish.  Below is the offending function that allows the build to finish when commented out.

ROOTFS_POSTPROCESS_COMMAND += "setup_target_image ; "

setup_target_image() {
        # Manual workaround for lack of auto eth0 (see bug #875) & static IP for demo
        install -m 0644 ${WORKDIR}/interfaces ${IMAGE_ROOTFS}/etc/network/interfaces

        # Set up mount of /media/storage NFS share
        install -d ${IMAGE_ROOTFS}/media/storage
        install -m 0644 ${WORKDIR}/fstab ${IMAGE_ROOTFS}/etc/fstab

        # Configure mediatomb to autoscan /media/storage
        install -m 0644 ${WORKDIR}/config.xml ${IMAGE_ROOTFS}/etc/mediatomb/config.xml
}

I am guessing that maybe the syntax used in this script is outdated?  It looks like it is just trying to create a couple of folders and files in the rootfs.

So maybe a better question is how do I use yocto to create a particular directory structure on my target?

Thanks,
David