[yocto] Adding line to ld.so.conf

Mark Hatle mark.hatle at windriver.com
Fri Dec 2 08:27:35 PST 2011

On 12/2/11 10:08 AM, Michael E Brown wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-11-21 at 09:35 -0600, Marc Ferland wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> What's the proper way to add a line to the ld.so.conf file for a new
>> library I am adding?
>
> Does yocto support /etc/ld.so.conf.d/ (like every other distro out there
> from the past 7 years or so?)
>
> You could just drop a file into that directory with the lines you want
> rather than editing the global file.

This is accomplished by having the following line in the /etc/ld.so.conf file.

include ld.so.conf.d/*.conf

However, this then still requires the file to exist on the target filesystem.
I've got many systems where ld.so.conf simply doesn't exist, nor do I want it to.

See my previous reply on a better was to resolve the issue using rpath and/or
proper soname handling inside of the libraries.

--Mark