[yocto] building the examples from "meta-demo"

Joshua Lock josh at linux.intel.com
Thu Dec 1 19:26:24 PST 2011

Hi David

On 01/12/11 18:18, David Smoot wrote:
> From inside my poky folder, I did a "git clone
> git://git.yoctoproject.org/meta-demo" so that I have the meta-demo
> folder at the same level as the the other meta-* folders.
> Outside my poky tree I did the "source poky/oe-init-build-env my-build-folder"
> I edited conf/local.conf to set my parallel build options, my MACHINE
> to routerstationpro, and my download directory variable.
> I then typed "bitbake -k demo-image-mediatomb" but I got an error
> message that "ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'demo-image-mediatomb'"

You need to add the layer to your conf/bblayers.conf as per the
documentation here:
http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/poky-ref-manual/poky-ref-manual.html#usingpoky-changes-layers

WARNING: the meta-demo layer hasn't seen any commits for some time, it's
likely bit-rotten and out of date.

Cheers,
Joshua
--