[yocto] Configuring a layer to support multiple targets

Chris Tapp opensource at keylevel.com
Wed Aug 17 13:42:26 PDT 2011

On 17 Aug 2011, at 21:24, Bruce Ashfield wrote:

> I have to head out for the day, but I'll loop around on this.
> Technically I'm out of the office for the next 2 days, but can
> sneak this in. I just need to double check a couple things in
> the 2.6.34 support to see if inheriting from 'standard' directly
> will work for you .. and if it won't, I can give you patch
> to carry locally for a bit.

Thanks, but please don't speed too much time on it if 'standard' isn't
going to work. This is only a research project at the moment and I can
patch my defconf easily enough for now (especially as it seems I need
to re-enable USB_SERIAL with USB_SERIAL_GENERIC to get the CM119 usb
audio on the SoC to work, which means a defconf will now do what I
want).

It would be nice to have a proper (generic) solution going forward,
but I plan to switch to linux-yocto-stable in the pending release.

Chris Tapp

opensource at keylevel.com
www.keylevel.com