[yocto] Configuring a layer to support multiple targets

Chris Tapp opensource at keylevel.com
Wed Aug 17 12:38:55 PDT 2011

On 17 Aug 2011, at 20:15, Bruce Ashfield wrote:

> The model is that you must explicitly chose values to modify
> them, otherwise, they flow through. Last through the gate wins.
> If you don't speak, others parts speak for the configuration.

That's what I was trying to say ;-)

> In this case, you must be inheriting the common-pc kernel
> configuration.

I am.

> The solutions two this are:
>  - inherit from a base branch vs common-pc (assuming that I guessed
> right)

Sounds like a plan. Where can I find a list of the branches in the
4.0.1 meta data? I'm using the following to select one at the moment:

WRMACHINE_Vortex86DX  = "common_pc" --- I'm guessing I need something
else here.

SRCREV_machine_pn-linux-wrs_Vortex86DX ?=
"0431115c9d720fee5bb105f6a7411efb4f851d26"

>  - convince us that the common-pc shouldn't be turning this
>    on and trickle this option out to the leaf BSPs.

No, it seems perfectly reasonable to have this in 'common-pc'.

Chris Tapp

opensource at keylevel.com
www.keylevel.com