[yocto] Bitbake -c cleansstates error after the Poky "bitbake/msg.py: Drop manually created domain lists" patch

Samuel Stirtzel s.stirtzel at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 15 07:14:27 PDT 2011

Hi, after Richard Purdie dropped the domain stuff from bitbake/msg.py
I get error messages while running bitbake -c cleansstates.
The following error message shows up:
-
ERROR: Running idle function
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/oe-core/setup-scripts/sources/bitbake/lib/bb/server/process.py",
line 122, in ProcessServer.idle_commands(delay=0.1):
                 try:
    >                retval = function(self, data, False)
                     if retval is False:
  File "/var/oe-core/setup-scripts/sources/bitbake/lib/bb/cooker.py",
line 1062, in buildTargetsIdle(server=<ProcessServer(ProcessServer-1,
started)>, rq=<bb.runqueue.RunQueue instance at 0x9c3c560>,
abort=False):
                 try:
    >                retval = rq.execute_runqueue()
                 except runqueue.TaskFailure as exc:
  File "/var/oe-core/setup-scripts/sources/bitbake/lib/bb/runqueue.py",
line 936, in RunQueue.execute_runqueue():
                 self.rqexe = RunQueueExecuteDummy(self)
    >            if self.rqdata.prepare() == 0:
                     self.state = runQueueComplete
  File "/var/oe-core/setup-scripts/sources/bitbake/lib/bb/runqueue.py",
line 590, in RunQueueData.prepare():
                 if target[1] not in taskData.tasks_lookup[fnid]:
    >                bb.msg.fatal(bb.msg.domain.RunQueue, "Task %s
does not exist for target %s" % (target[1], target[0]))

AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'domain'
-
Seems like "bb.msg.fatal(bb.msg.domain.RunQueue, "Task %s does not
exist for target %s" % (target[1], target[0]))" should be responsible
for the error.
Looks simple to fix, and I would write a patch, but I don't know the
code and have no idea where this message should be passed to.

Regards
Samuel