[yocto] Build failure on recent yocto download

Tim Bird tim.bird at am.sony.com
Thu Aug 4 16:39:53 PDT 2011

On 08/04/2011 01:22 PM, Joshua Lock wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-08-04 at 11:51 -0700, Tim Bird wrote:
>> The only thing that looks suspicious to me is:
>>
>> ERROR: ld.so: object 'libpseudo.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
>
> This is concerning and may cause problems later on. One possible factor
> here is SELINUX. Do you have that enabled? We've tried to ensure the
> system works with SELINUX but the policay may vary quite a bit from
> Fedora 12 to 14 (where I know a build with SELINUX has run).
I'm not running SELinux.  Another developer doing a build of 5.0.1
on an Ubuntu 11.04 platform had no problem with the cairo build, so
I'm going to guess it's my distro.

I changed to building poky-image-minimal (GUI is not needed for
what I'm doing at the moment), and it built, successfully, in
about 30 seconds.  99% of what was needed was already built.
The system booted in qemuarm, and I plan to do some more testing
of the runtime in the next little bit.

Thanks, all, for the help.
 -- Tim

Tim Bird
Architecture Group Chair, CE Workgroup of the Linux Foundation
Senior Staff Engineer, Sony Network Entertainment