[yocto] kernel panic - not syncing: No init found

Francis Meyvis francis.meyvis at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 22:38:50 PDT 2011

Hello,

When I mounted the root image on loop back device, I actually ran the init
program. It executed and complained about missing params. I tried with the
5, like for network connected inittab. Then init complained there was no
/dev/initctl. So combining this with the replies I got, I think the latest
/sbin/init on yocto master does not support a default run level? I think the
architecture of my root image is for x86 cause my pc could exec it.

Any suggestions on how to continue?

Groetjes,
Francis