[yocto] Poky release is 5.0 "Bernard" confusion

Elizabeth Flanagan elizabeth.flanagan at intel.com
Mon Apr 18 12:28:19 PDT 2011

On 04/10/2011 01:24 AM, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Dear Scott Garman,
>
> In message<4DA127F6.3010006 at intel.com>  you wrote:
>>
>> This suggests to me that your local git repository isn't up to date. The
>> tag has been moved at least once since it was created, and it sounds
>> like your repository is behind the most recent move of the tag.
>
> You are ...  moving release tags?  Grrrgh!!!
>
> Could you please stop doing this?  Nobody ever expects such a thing.
> And while we are at it:  It would also be great if you could
> GPG-sign the tags.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Wolfgang Denk

Wolfgang,

Yes, there was a problem with what I assumed would be our bernard-5.0 release and the tag needed to be moved, which,
while a messy practice, was the only available option at the time. The tag shouldn't have been created until after
verification of the RC. I'll make sure that this is captured in our release process. If you want, please feel free to
open up a bug in bugzilla and assign it to me. As this was a relatively new process, I knew we'd hit some snags. This
was one of them, and I'll make sure this is captured in our process so that we don't hit it again.

Thanks for the feedback.