[yocto] recipes for sniffer tool

João Henrique Freitas joaohf at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 08:07:39 PDT 2011

Hi,

I found the problem: host contamination.

tcpdump search by pcap-config script and runs it to get where pcap
library lives.

On my ubuntu box I haven't the pcap-devel package installed. But on
mandriva box I had.

I have two question:

How Yocto can protect against this situation?

Is any guide or hint about how I can patch a autotools based  and
removes this host contamination?

Thanks.