[yocto] UPnP demo - call for testing

Joshua Lock josh at linux.intel.com
Thu Oct 21 03:50:28 PDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-10-21 at 13:32 +0800, Xu, Dongxiao wrote:
> Xu, Dongxiao wrote:
> > I'd also like to have a try, and building the demo image now.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Dongxiao
> >
> > Joshua Lock wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I've successfully tested the UPnP demo in my office but would
> >> appreciate someone else taking a bash.
> >>
> >> Unfortunately you currently need my branch from poky-contrib
> >> (josh/demo) and the corresponding branch from meta-demo (josh/demo).
> >>
> >> The renderer and controller are installed together in the
> >> poky-image-rygel image (I've been using the -live variant).
> >>
> >> I needed to use amixer to enable the soundcard and increase the
> >> volume on the netbook I was using.
> >>
> >> "amixer set Master on
> >>  amixer set Master 75"
> >>
> >> Run rygel from a terminal and launch gupnp-av-cp and you should be
> >> able to set play music from a content store on the device. I haven't
> >> tested video...
>
> I just setup the environment and gupnp-av-cp could play music from
> another host within the network. However it seems that video doesn't
> work yet. Does gupnp-av-cp supports video play?

Thanks for testing this Dongxiao!

I'm not sure whether video is required for the demo, but it should be
supported by gupnp-av-cp and Rygel so long as required gstreamer plugins
are installed. What type of video where you trying to play?

To clarify did you test the josh/demo or master branch of the meta-demo
repository?

Cheers,
Joshua
--