[yocto] Call for help for demo UPNP media renderer

Joshua Lock josh at linux.intel.com
Tue Oct 19 17:16:13 PDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-10-20 at 01:04 +0100, Joshua Lock wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-10-19 at 14:31 -0700, Saul Wold wrote:
> >
> > Dongxiao,
> >
> > Can you take a look at this since you have worked with the gstreamer?
>
> I did a sloppy job pushing my changes when leaving the office but think
> I have replicated most/all of the in the josh/demo branch.
>
> I also took a look through the rygel code to see what gstreamer elements
> are explicitly being used, I've created a list and tried to ensure as
> many as possible of them are in the IMAGE_INSTALL list for
> poky-image-rygel, adding them to the RDEPENDS for rygel doesn't appear
> to have included them in the image I just created...
>
> Full list of names of pipeline elements I found in the rygel code
> follows:
>
> decodebin2, videorate, videoscale, ffmpegcolorspace, ffenc_wmv1,
> twolame, lame, mp3parse, ffenc_wmav2, convert-sink-pad,
> ffenc_mpeg2video, audio-src-pad, audio-sink-pad, audio-enc-sink-pad,
> sink, mpegtsmux, audioconvert, audioresample, audiorate, capsfilter,
> audiotestsrc, videotestsrc, ffmux_asf

The image I just built with my latest changes in josh/demo worked!?!
Rygel did not segfault :-)

If you have time Dongxiao (or anyone else) I'd appreciate if you could
double-check my changes (my install_append in rygel to create a .config
isn't working, so you'll need to do that manually and run
rygel-preferences to disable the tracker plugin).
If you could test using Rygel as a renderer for some content served by
the mediatomb image, that would be much appreciated. You'll want
gupnp-av-cp as provided by gupnp-tools to control the renderer and
content server.

Thanks,
Joshua
--