[yocto] Yocto Linux Project Sync notes

Darren Hart dvhart at linux.intel.com
Tue Oct 19 14:51:18 PDT 2010

On 10/19/2010 02:12 PM, Mark Hatle wrote:
> On 10/19/10 4:01 PM, Alex deVries wrote:
>>
>> On 2010-10-19, at 11:40 AM, Stewart, David C wrote:
>>
>>> ** Alex will put the hardware bits together, Darren to write down the description of what needs to come together and wiki-fy it.
>>

>> Yes, so what I need is something like:
>>
>> - description
>> - expected behaviour
>> - hardware used
>> - how to build and install the software
>>
>> ... for all four boards.  The sooner we have something, the sooner I can start.
>>
>> Does that make sense, Darren?
>
> Darren (or someone else can correct me.. but what I'm doing now)
>
> Board: RouterStationPro
> Purpose: NAS and boot server for other board
> Features:
>    - Contains file server for multimedia and other files
>    - Can serve files via:
>      - NFS
>      - http

http isn't needed. (the DLNA server will mount the files over NFS into
its filesystem and Mediatomb runs it's own http server on a special port
to server up the files to the media renderers).

>      - tftp (likely needed if the other boards need to network boot)
>      - ftp (maybe)

No need.

>    - Will act as THE authoritation DHCP server for the network of boards
>    - no DNS on the network (is it needed?)

No DNS needed, runs over multicast, and we can specify the NFS server
with a dotted quad.

> Software:
>    - From the meta-demo, build the poky-image-nas with the machine target of the
> routerstationpro  (thats the goal, but there might be some custom config files
> in the end.. still working on it)

Perfect. Looks good Mark.

--
Darren Hart