[yocto] Yocto Linux Project Sync notes

Mark Hatle mark.hatle at windriver.com
Tue Oct 19 14:12:42 PDT 2010

On 10/19/10 4:01 PM, Alex deVries wrote:

> On 2010-10-19, at 11:40 AM, Stewart, David C wrote:
>
>> ** Alex will put the hardware bits together, Darren to write down the description of what needs to come together and wiki-fy it.
>

> Yes, so what I need is something like:
>
> - description
> - expected behaviour
> - hardware used
> - how to build and install the software
>
> ... for all four boards.  The sooner we have something, the sooner I can start.
>
> Does that make sense, Darren?

Darren (or someone else can correct me.. but what I'm doing now)

Board: RouterStationPro
Purpose: NAS and boot server for other board
Features:
  - Contains file server for multimedia and other files
  - Can serve files via:
    - NFS
    - http
    - tftp (likely needed if the other boards need to network boot)
    - ftp (maybe)
  - Will act as THE authoritation DHCP server for the network of boards
  - no DNS on the network (is it needed?)

Software:
  - From the meta-demo, build the poky-image-nas with the machine target of the
routerstationpro  (thats the goal, but there might be some custom config files
in the end.. still working on it)